Discussion General Badminton Discussions, News & Updates

In Thailand open 2024 badminton Satwik Chirag had reached the semis defeating their malaysian opponents 21-7 21 -14. Tanisha Crasto andAshwini Ponnappa also reached the semis defeating their korean opponents in a hard fought match 21-15 21-23 21-19 .
4th time semi entry for sat - chi duo this year

Last edited:
Satwik Chirag won the Thailand open 2024 with 21-15 21-15 win over their chinese opponents Making them as World No 1 again in Mens doubles .

Last edited:
World no 15 Sindhu defeated World No 6 Y Huan Chinese player and top seed in 3 sets to enter semis of Malaysian Masters Badminton 2024. This is a noteworthy achievement after strings of low performance. Will take on a Thai player in semis. The other Indian Ashmita lost to another chinese in quaterfinals.

Again a loss for Sindhu but it was a improvement to reach the finals. The fitness aspect still need attention with having a strategy to go for short rallies and deceptive shots like World No 1 An Se youg and Tai Tzu Ying plays with more conservation of energy will be helpful. In this kind of form when you are found wanting against top 10 in the world it will be very difficult for medals when you are against World No 1 and World No 2. in Olympics .Finally in a news I was reading that it was poor luck for Sindhu . There may be luck but I still believe you have to do it the hard way to win.

Again a loss for Sindhu but it was a improvement to reach the finals. The fitness aspect still need attention with having a strategy to go for short rallies and deceptive shots like World No 1 An Se youg and Tai Tzu Ying plays with more conservation of energy will be helpful. In this kind of form when you are found wanting against top 10 in the world it will be very difficult for medals when you are against World No 1 and World No 2. in Olympics .Finally in a news I was reading that it was poor luck for Sindhu . There may be luck but I still believe you have to do it the hard way to win.
Yup the comeback no 2 Chinese showed incredible but I find the end Sindhu played 2nd set and 3rd set after 11 point was very tough something about shuttle gyle coz if not wrong in 3rd set Sindhu was on 11 and zu was on 3

Yup the comeback no 2 Chinese showed incredible but I find the end Sindhu played 2nd set and 3rd set after 11 point was very tough something about shuttle gyle coz if not wrong in 3rd set Sindhu was on 11 and zu was on 3
When the match goes to third set and you are winning 11-3 and loss from that position you need to ponder on the reasons on the hard way. Fitness and short rallies are the only options to see you through as it is gruelling to play against chinese players who are super confident about their abilities. I guess an indonesian coach can help Indian players( no disrespect to Indian coaches) when I say Jonathan christie in action against Lakshya in All England the play was out of the world where Lakshya while playing 120% of his ability could not get past against Jonathan Christie.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock